Our Vision and Mission
To promote, support and enhance the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, inspiring appreciation of wilderness for current and future generations.
The Friends of the Porkies will continue to experience ongoing growth, recognition and success by increasing the scope of our membership, expanding and motivating our volunteer base and developing stable and sustainable income streams.
- Sponsor and support interpretive and environmental education activities that contribute to a better understanding of the natural and cultural history of the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park.
- Provide financial support to the Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park for the improvement and expansion of its interpretive programs, facilities and resources by raising revenue through methods such as membership fees, donations, merchandise sales, special events and an endowment fund.
- Encourage and expand on a variety of appropriate uses of the Park’s natural resources and man-made facilities.
- Sponsor and/or support projects that will protect and enhance all aspects of the Park for the benefit of the users.
- Provide an open platform for all levels of public input on ways to improve Park management and use.