The Friends of the Porkies is an organization run by volunteers. By donating their time and talents to our numerous programs and activities, members and volunteers support the park. We are thankful to our volunteers, we couldn't do it without you!
Volunteer OpportunitiesYou can volunteer to help the Friends and the Park in every season and in many ways. Listed below are some of our current volunteer opportunities.
- Folk School Program
- Artist in Residence Program
- Porcupine Mountains Music Festival (August)
- Mini-grant and School Programs
- Roadside Litter Pick-up (May)
- Administrative Support (Mailings, Grant Writing, etc.)
- Emergency Trail Clearing
- Brushing Ski Trails (Fall)
- Maintain Pollinator's Garden
- Exotic Plant Removal
- Native Plantings in Disturbed Areas
- Summer Solstice Event (June)
- Lake Superior Day (July)
- Labor Day Event (September)